6.10.2009

A Vow to Writing

Obviously it has been a while since I've posted anything substantial on here. Technically, that story posted was a contest entry used to fill up the space where my previous blog had existed. I removed it for personal reasons. Unfortunately you didn't have the xml option back then so what I have is a very large word document containing a couple years worth of my life. Someday I will have a book made of it, most likely for my own collection although you never know, somebody may want to buy it and read it. Where I'm going with this is that it will probably never show its ugly, multi-faceted face on the luscious internets again.

That said, I was reminded tonight of not only how I used to write constantly, all the time, pouring over the keyboard, but of how some people once considered me a decent writer - I say once because, since ceasing to frequent my time on this site, I have severely lost touch with my loquacious nature and have become somewhat slovenly. I've also noticed quite an increase in my struggle to write simple texts that used to come natural to me like blinking or walking. Instead they have become much like sleeping. My goal is to become successful at something that I love to do. It has changed quite a bit over the last few years but I remember once that I loved writing and that this may be the direction in which I should head.

Let me state that while I do not like research, I realize it is necessary. My counter to that argument is that in fiction, technically one could make up whatever they wanted and it should be equally believable.

Side note aside - see what I did there - I also believe that my passion for movies and film could be capitalized upon in such a way as to fashion a living for myself. Much like creating a masterpiece out of old rusty bailing wire and semi hardened wood glue... Alas, that is just the dream on the large scale of my life, albeit one I do not wish to slip away from me like so many fleeting thoughts in an afternoon.

The statement of intent here and now is to both spend more constructive time on this site I once loved so dearly, to hone my writing once more, as well as to begin to produce films, whether large or small, to share my passion, vision, and once explosive imagination with others. I will no leave you with some song quotes in my usual fashion.

"I brought down the sky for you but all you did was shrug. You gave my emptiness a name"

"Simply because you can breathe,
doesn't mean you're alive,
or that you really live.
This life has taken it's toll,
and she just doesn't know,
how much more she can give.

But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists,
they stand before me below, demanding the answers with flips of a switch."

No comments: